This was such a lovely – and timely – Christmas present! I say “timely” because I was just counting my blessings this holiday season that, between my PR courses and this blog, I get to spend every day doing something I love.
Thank you, Ambitious Poet, for thinking of me for this award! It’s always a wonderful thing to know that somebody enjoys reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it.
Now down to business. According to the rules, I must now make you all aware of seven things about me:
- I believe in extraterrestrial life. I do. Not necessarily the little-green-men-in-flying-saucers type of life. I just think that it’s more impossible to imagine that in the vastness of space, we are the only planet able to sustain life.
- I failed the written test for my driving learners’ permit three times. I still maintain that a driver who makes sure everyone in the car is wearing a seatbelt is the best answer.
- I can’t roll my “r’s”, like how some people can when they say things like “Arriba!”. The catch is that French is my second language and rolling r’s is pretty key, so I kind of just learned to emulate the sound by doing interesting things with my vocal cords.
- As an only child, I had to create my own fun when I was little. My solution was to dream up an imaginary boyfriend, Peter. I remember telling my mom once that he didn’t have a job, so she told me to dump him. I did.
- I was traumatized by a swim instructor when I was five which resulted in me being terrified to put my face in any water for about another five years. To this day, I don’t so much put my face under the shower head as cup a handful of water and throw it at myself.
- I completely believe in karma. What you do will come back to you, so don’t be a douchebag!
- Zoos make me sad. It doesn’t matter if it’s old and run-down or the nicest, newest facility; some tire swings and sunning rocks don’t change the fact that the King of the Jungle is stuck in a box for the rest of his life.
I’d like to nominate these other versatile blogs for the VBA:
Bloggers, here are the rules:
- Display the award certificate on your blog.
- Write a post linking back to the blogger who nominated you, and share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Inform them of their nomination with a comment on their blog.
For more information, check out the Versatile Blogger site!